Why is my furnace making noise?
Most furnaces will make a low humming noise when they're running, but any other sounds coming from your furnace can be an indicator of serious issues. If you've been hearing unusual furnace noises, then it might be time to contact a reliable furnace replacement company in Minnesota. Here are a few of the most common furnace noises and what issues they indicate:
- A loud banging noise occurs when too much gas builds up in your furnace, resulting in an explosive ignition. Cleaning and repairs can usually correct this issue.
- A repetitive clicking sound means that your furnace is trying and failing to ignite. This can escalate into a gas leak if not corrected and may require you to replace your heating system.
- If the normal humming noise created by your furnace starts to get louder, it could mean something is wrong with the internal fans or capacitors. Schedule furnace repairs to correct this problem.
- Rumbling noises from within your heating system may be indicative of various components, like burners and blower motors, becoming loose. Depending on the severity, this may require a quick repair or a full furnace replacement.
- An obnoxious scraping noise from your furnace typically results from a loose blower wheel. Have this issue repaired before the noise drives you nuts.
- Squealing noises emanating from your heating system can be caused by different issues, such as a faulty blower motor or a worn-out blower belt. Repair or replace your furnace to put an end to these high-pitched squeals.